Why Join Bed & Breakfast Inns of Missouri?
Bed & Breakfast Inns of Missouri – Member Benefit Summary
Website: Our site is dedicated to our members and their properties; providing valuable information and resources, a comprehensive property listing, a direct link to fellow members across the state with a private forum, and a quality gift certificate program.
Marketing: Your inn is listed on BBIM’s website, which is advertised on multiple online platforms ranging from social media to online magazines and Google. Most members’ listings receive over a thousand unique, targeted visitors annually. BBIM is considered a major authoritative incoming link to your properties website. Internet exposure provided by other for-profit sites typically costs much more than annual membership fees of BBIM. Many BBIM members will tell you they receive more traffic from BBIM.com than from any other paid sites.
Gift Certificate Program: Take advantage of the over $100,000 in outstanding BBIM gift certificates, redeemable only at member properties. Unlike most gift certificate programs, there is no fee to member properties for redeeming BBIM gift certificates. Other programs charge up to 20% of the gift certificate value for redemption.
Educational Inspection: Give added assurance to your guests that you adhere to high standards of lodging, hospitality, food service, and safety. It is our hope that the public will rely on BBIM properties to set the standard and provide an excellent guest experience. Each member property is encouraged to proudly display our trade-marked logo. Make your business better by meeting the common-sense quality guidelines of BBIM.
E-Newsletter and Email Lists: Stay informed of legislative issues, scam alerts, and PR opportunities. Utilize expertise of other BBIM members through our members only Facebook group. You can access immediate advice on any innkeeping topic when help is needed. Insurance, staff issues, maintenance, special dietary requirements, financial/bookkeeping/taxes, photography, best product advice (reservation systems, sheets, vacuum cleaners, etc.), difficult guest issues………….just about anything.
Educational Opportunities: Each year there are opportunities to attend Regional (and sometimes national) conferences where you can find out the latest about innkeeping from leading national speakers in the industry. Network with your peers, visit with vendors and more. Each year our members are able to apply for a scholarship to attend the Association of Lodging Professionals (ALP) national conference.
Mentor Program: This valuable program is designed to provide assistance to those new to innkeeping. BBIM will provide access to another innkeeper who can answer your questions and provide you with sound advice when you need it.
Representation: BBIM works with various state agencies and the Division of Tourism to further the interests of the small independent properties and keep you informed of regulatory matters that are important to our industry. BBIM also works with legislators to support legislation that benefits the bed and breakfast industry.
Working for YOU: BBIM is dedicated entirely to the success of its members. All BBIM member dues and income from other sources is used to promote success of member properties. As a not-for-profit organization, all BBIM activities are organized around improving the small independent lodging industry and benefiting our members.
Bed & Breakfast Inns of Missouri – Eligibility Requirements
- A true Bed & Breakfast, Country Inn or unique independent lodging (not a motel!) from 1 to 24 rooms.
- A serious business for at least 6 consecutive months during a year.
- Have all required state, county or city licenses (state lodging license if you have 5 or more guest rooms).
- Have a Missouri Sales Tax number.
- Have business liability insurance of at least $1 million aggregate.
- Have a current website.
- Meet safety requirements.
- Open at least 1 month since first paying guest.
- Inn is clean.
- Inn is well-maintained.
- Inn and services are accurately portrayed in brochure and on website and social media advertising.
- Guest privacy is ensured.
How to Apply for Membership with Bed & Breakfast Inns of Missouri
- Download and complete the Membership Application form below.
- Use the Review checklists found in the inspection guidelines (below) to conduct a self-inspection to make sure you meet BBIM’s standards.
- Send in the completed application form, copies of applicable licenses and the non-refundable fee to cover the cost of inspection.
- Accommodate our review team – an overnight review is completed by an independent outside inspector. You provide a complimentary room and breakfast to the overnight reviewer.
- After the review, the BBIM Board will vote on your membership and upon approval, you’ll receive a certificate and copies of our trademarked logo to use on your brochure and website.
- Once you’re approved you’ll receive access to a member inn listing page on the bbim.org website for your property. New members receive the first 12 months of complimentary membership.
For any questions regarding membership, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org