Many folks open a bed and breakfast with a dream that their inn will be almost immediately successful and are sorely disappointed when it isn’t. To succeed, you need to plan to meet the needs of the market – the best time is before you are financially committed. BBIM’s Aspiring Innkeeper Information Package helps you with the business & regulatory ramifications, and it will give you the contact information to find your way around the agencies that can help or hinder you.
For only $50, you receive a link to these valuable documents plus a one-year BBIM Aspring membership which includes inclusion in the BBIM email forum where you have the opportunity to interact with our seasoned member innkeepers.
- A true Bed & Breakfast or Country Inn (not a motel!) from 1 to 24 rooms.
- A serious business for at least 6 consecutive months during a year.
- Have all required state, county or city licenses (state lodging license if you have 5 or more guest rooms).
- Have a Missouri Sales Tax number.
- Have business liability insurance of at least $1 million aggregate.
- Provide breakfast on-site.
- Meet safety requirements.
- Open at least 1 month since first paying guest.
- Inn is clean.
- Inn is well-maintained.
- Inn and services are accurately portrayed in brochure, on website and in advertising.
- Guest privacy is ensured.
- Hosts are friendly, hospitable & courteous.
How To Join?
To receive a link to these valuable documents plus a one-year BBIM Aspiring membership, follow these simple steps:
- Download and complete the applicable fields of the Aspiring Membership Application.
- Enclose the application and a $50 check and mail it to the address below.
- Upon receipt of your paid application, you’ll receive an email with login information to the Aspiring Innkeeper Package as well as other valuable information about BBIM and becoming a Missouri Innkeeper.
When you open your inn, our association wants to ensure that you feel an overwhelming sense of comradery and support! We are here to provide you with the essential resources you need to open and maintain a successful B&B! When you join BBIM’s membership, you will receive a plethora of benefits, and, of course, all of the help from our dedicated team of innkeepers!
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.